There are many steps involved in the creation of a functional and aesthetic posterior composite restoration. This lecture and hands on course breaks down a number of the steps fundamental to obtaining excellent clinical outcomes with posterior composites.
• Biomimetics concepts.
• Conservative prep designs.
• Importance of rubber dam isolation.
• Dentin bonding and post-op sensitivity.
• Managing polymerisation shrinkage stress.
• Armamentarium required for direct composites.
• Steps to biomimetic build up…occlusal anatomy.
• Different stratification techniques.
• Occlusal stains…how to use.
• Choosing the right matrix systems for Class II restorations.
• Choosing the right wedge.
• Predictable contacts and contours build up.
• Predictable steps to finishing and polishing..
• Clinical solutions to common problems.
Dr Vishal Gupta is an aesthetic dentist with an interest in composites. He is a certified level 1 Style Italiano trainer on Direct Restorative Procedure and has earned a silver and green badge from Restorative Implant Practice Excellence, RIPE, for continuous clinical excellence. He is a Key Opinion leader for 3M, Garrison matrix systems, Lm Arte instruments and has various clinical publications to his credit. He maintains a successful clinical practice in India.